Sunday, September 7, 2008

Nutrition

For any of you who know me well, you know I have what can only be described as a passion for Nutrition.  I am very passionate about many things my family eats.....my top 3 are:
Absolutely NO,
1. High Fructose Corn Syrup
2. No Hydrogentated oils
3. Artificial colors and flavors

Of course, this is only possible at home and I do not throw a fit out or even consider not going to someone elses house for dinner or snacks.  We go with the flow when we are not at home, but we may choose to not drink pop, or order something we KNOW has one of the top 2 in it.  All this to say, I just read a GREAT article that explains so much about oils and trans fats and I want to share it with any of my readers along with my kids as they are older and reading through our blog/scrapbook.  It amazes me since I have been so passionate how many misconceptions that are out there and how some really educated people have no clue about some of these things and how our body works with them.  Just last night my husband heard a teenager say, "My dad said High Fuctose Corn Syrup is good for you!"  That made me cringe as HFCS is a toxin to our bodies.  Our stomachs can not even digest it, it is digested in our liver and our liver places fatty cells into our body as a result.  Okay, I won't get started because, like i said I am PASSIONATE about it all.  
If you are interested in reading an article that helps clear up some debate on oils in our foods, what to cook with, and what to avoid, read the following article.

http://www.naturalnews.com/022313.html

Happy reading!



No comments: